In order to comply with the requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) outlines how UOB Travel Planners Pte Ltd (“UOBTP”,“we”, “us” or “our”) manages the personal data provided to us.
This Notice forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with UOBTP (“Terms and Conditions”) and should be read in conjunction with those Terms and Conditions.
Personal Data in this Notice shall have the same meaning as defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and includes any data about an individual who can be identified from that data such as the individual's name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, address, email address and any other information relating to individuals.
- UOBTP collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data including personal data of third parties provided by you for the following purposes (collectively “Basic Business Purposes”), to the extent applicable:
providing services to you;
- providing support in emergencies, unforeseen circumstances or as required by you;
- generating financial, regulatory, management or other related reports and performance of analytics;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime, offences or breaches including fraud, money-laundering, counter-terrorist financing and bribery;
- meeting or complying with UOBTP's internal policies and procedures and any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, orders or requests issued by any court, legal or regulatory bodies (both national and international) (including but not limited to disclosures to regulatory bodies, conducting audit checks, surveillance and investigation);
- legal purposes (including but not limited to enforcing our legal rights, drafting and reviewing documents, obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution);
- handling customer feedback or complaints;
- maintaining the security of UOBTP’s premises (including but not limited to the use of security cameras);
- facilitating proposed or actual assignment, or transfer of any of UOBTP’s rights or obligations in respect of this Agreement; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- Personal Data held by us shall be kept confidential. However, in order to carry out the Basic Business Purposes, we may share such Personal Data with our related corporations and third parties whether in Singapore or elsewhere. When doing so, we will require them to ensure that the Personal Data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure.
- Your Personal Data is retained to the extent one or more of the purposes for which it was collected remains valid and for other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary.
- As UOBTP relies on the Personal Data provided by you, you shall ensure that at all times the Personal Data provided by you to us is correct, accurate and complete. You shall update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided to us.
- This Notice does not derogate from the Terms and Conditions. UOBTP's rights under this Notice shall be without prejudice to other rights of collection, use and disclosure available pursuant to the Terms and Conditions or under the law and nothing herein is to be construed as limiting any of these other rights.
- Any query regarding this Privacy Notice may be directed to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or to the UOB Data Protection Office, 80 Raffles Place, Plaza 2, Singapore 048624.
For more information please click here.