Insight Vacations 8D New England's Fall Foliage
- Ride the scenic Gondola Skyride at Loon Mountain Resort.
- Visit the Norman Rockwell Museum, the Apple Barn Country Bake Shop, Billings Farm and Museum.
- City tour of Boston.
- See the red-brick Freedom Trail, rolling Berkshire hills, Woodstock's covered bridge, Franconia Notch, Silver Cascade Waterfall, Bretton Woods, Mount Washington.
- Enjoy the scenery of Massachusetts, the stunning fall foliage of Vermont, the striking hues of the Kancamagus Scenic Byway in New Hampshire and beautiful views of the New Hampshire coastline.
DAY 1: WELCOME TO BOSTON
Affectionately known as Beantown, this revolutionary city is one of the oldest in the United States. On arrival at Boston Logan International Airport, a transfer will take you to your centrally-located hotel, which is situated next to Boston Common, the city's largest park. After settling in, perhaps take a stroll to Downtown Crossing or historic Faneuil Hall. For those looking to shop, Quincy Market offers big brands and local products, set indoors and surrounding the columns of a regal 19th-century building. At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests at your hotel. (Dinner)
DAY 2: BEANTOWN TO WILLIAMSTOWN
Today you'll discover some of Boston's most famous sights as you delve into the city's transformative past. You'll follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail that brings the story of the American Revolution to life. Sights include Beacon Hill, Newbury Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and the Meeting House. Enjoy the warm, colourful scenery as you travel west to Stockbridge for a visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum, home to the largest and most significant collection of original Rockwell art. Travel on through the rolling hills of the Berkshires to your boutique hotel. Tucked away in the heart of Williamstown, this beautiful property is a prime example of timeless elegance. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 3: THE LEGENDS OF THE FALL AND STOWE
Say goodbye to Massachusetts and journey through the bronze fall foliage of Vermont. Visit The Apple Barn Country Bake Shop for a revitalising pit stop of locally famous apple cider doughnuts and honey crisp apples grown in their own orchards. Explore the Rockefellers' renowned Billings Farm and Museum, a captivating working dairy and farm life museum, before a stop in the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock with its picturesque covered bridge. End your day in the northern Vermont town of Stowe, home to the breathtaking alpine setting that attracted the real Von Trapp family of ‘The Sound of Music' fame in the late 1940s. Indulge in a three-course Highlight Dinner, paired with a lager tasting from the on-site microbrewery. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 4: RELAXED START | A TASTE OF VERMONT
Enjoy Vermont's beautiful scenery ablaze with fall's golden red colours. Prepare your taste buds for a guided tour of Ben and Jerry'sIce Cream Factory, where you' ll be able to relish the quirky and fun flavours of the brand's best products, including the Boston Cream Pie. Return to the enchanting town of Stowe where the rest of the day is yours. From wandering its quaint streets to hiking in the woods or relaxing back at your lodge, make the most of your last evening at this mountain resort. (Breakfast)
DAY 5: NORTH CONWAY AND THE WHITE MOUNTAINS
Move on to Vermont's pretty capital, Montpelier. You' ll travel to Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks and taste a Vermont tradition, the unusually named ‘sugar on snow', which is maple syrup drizzled over packed snow. This tasty treat is usually served with a doughnut and pickle. Journey to New Hampshire's White Mountains and enter striking Franconia Notch. Take a scenic ride on the Gondola SkyRide at Loon Mountain Resort (weather permitting). On a clear day, you'll have superb panoramic views of New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York and Canada. Later, journey through the dazzling crimson and orange hues of the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway to North Conway. This spectacular section of Route 112 is unspoiled by industry and boasts 34.5 miles of untouched natural beauty. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 6: RELAXED START | SIGHTSEEING IN THE WHITE MOUNTAINS
In the morning, enjoy an insightful talk by a naturalist on the North Woods' wildlife and ecology. Expert Chris Lewey is an Executive Director and Founder of Raven Interpretive Programs. He holds a Masters Degree in Environmental Studies and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. Then, more spectacular fall foliage awaits as you journey through Crawford Notch, an arresting pass through the White Mountains. Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet (1,917 metres). Return to your hotel where you can enjoy an evening at leisure. (Breakfast)
DAY 7: RELAXED START | THE RUGGED MAINE COAST TO PORTLAND
Leave behind New Hampshire's colourful leaves as you enter the deep green pine forests of western Maine. In Kennebunkport, travel along Ocean Drive with stunning views of the Maine coastline. Known for its sandy beaches, this year-round coastal destination houses the rich and famous, even serving as the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. Experience the town's understated glamour as you make your away around its unique boutiques and colourful streets. In the evening, enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner featuring Maine lobster with your fellow travellers. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 8: BACK TO BOSTON
This morning visit Portland Head Light on the spectacular shores of Fort Williams Park, before driving back to Boston. Guests departing Boston will arrive at Boston Logan International Airport at 12:30. Those extending their stay will return to the Hyatt Regency Boston hotel. (Breakfast)
- North Conway: Learn about the wildlife and ecology of the North Woods with expert naturalist Chris Lewey.
- Lively Welcome Dinner in Boston
- Highlight Dinner at the Austrian-style Trapp Family Lodge
- Celebration Dinner in Portland.
- Taste apple cider doughnuts and honey crisp apples in Bennington
- Taste the flavours of Ben and Jerry's ice cream on a guided tour
- Try Vermont's traditional 'sugar on snow'.
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.