Insight Vacations 14D Country Roads of Croatia
- Travel by funicular in Zagreb
- Cruise through the islands to Hvar and Korčula, Private cruise to Mali Ston, Cruise the bay of Dubrovnik.
- Visit Postojna Caves, Pula Arena, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Diocletian's Palace in Split
- City tours of Zagreb, Opatija, Split, Korčula and Dubrovnik, all with Local Experts.
- See Rovinj, Trogir's St Lawrence Cathedral, Coves, hidden beaches and lofty peaks of Hvar.
- Enjoy the scenery of the Adriatic Coast, the Dalmatian Coast, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Pelješac Peninsula, Dinaric Alps and Velebit Mountains.
DAY 1: WELCOME TO ZAGREB
Transfers to your hotel depart from Zagreb airport at 11:30 and 14:00. At 17:30, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner. (Dinner)
DAY 2: RELAXED START | ZAGREB’S TWIN TOWNS
Join your Local Expert to explore the two tiered capital of Croatia. Drive through the squares of the Lower Town, Donji Grad, designed to give a sense of grandeur. The afternoon is at leisure. (Breakfast)
DAY 3: THE POSTOJNA CAVES AND ON TO BELLE-EPOQUE OPATIJA
Venture into Slovenia to visit the worldfamous Postojna Caves. Return to Croatia where your hotel is situated in the Belle Époque resort town of Opatija. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 4: DISCOVER THE JEWELS OF ISTRIA
Explore the Jewels of Istria with your Local Expert. Visit the well-preserved first-century arena at Pula. Continue to the charming old town of Rovinj, rising directly from the sea. (Breakfast)
DAY 5: PRISTINE PLITVICE NATIONAL PARK
Visit one of Europe’s great natural wonders. Zig-zagging timber footbridges lead you through the blue-green beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 6 :THE DALMATIAN COAST TO SPLIT
Witness a dramatic change in landscape, as you travel through Mediterranean olive groves on your way to Trogir. Admire the cathedral and Renaissance Čipiko Palace before continuing to the historic port of Split. (Breakfast)
DAY 7: RELAXED START | ISLAND HOPPING TO HVAR
A Local Expert will lead you through the labyrinthine streets and arcaded squares to see St. Duje’s - originally Diocletian’s Mausoleum - and the Temple of Jupiter, which today is a baptistery, as well as the Golden Gate. Continue your venture underground, to explore the cellars. Cross the azure waters of the Adriatic to spend two nights on Hvar. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 8: RELAXED START | EXPLORING THE ISLAND OF HVAR
Enjoy a full day at leisure, as you explore the hidden coves, secluded beaches, old monasteries and villages of Hvar. (Breakfast)
DAY 9: ON THE TRAIL OF MARCO POLO TO KORČULA
Cruise back to the mainland and continue your journey to the island of Korčula. This evening, delight in Croatian fare at a local restaurant. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 10: RELAXED START | CAPTIVATING KORČULA
Join a knowledgeable Local Expert for a walking tour of the Old Town. Stroll towards the main square of Korčula where the Cathedral of St. Marc dominates the ancient skyline. (Breakfast)
DAY 11: DUBROVNIK, PEARL OF THE ADRIATIC
Journey to the beautiful southern slopes of the Pelješac Peninsula. Should weather permit, cruise the tranquil waters of the bay of Mali Ston and admire the surrounding untouched natural beauty, as you enjoy a glass of traditional Croatian brandy. Stop at a shellfish farm and meet Tomislav, a local oyster farmer, to learn about the cultivation and harvesting of oysters. Enjoy a delicious Sea-to-Table tasting of the fresh shellfish, accompanied with a glass of wine. Continue to the walled town of Dubrovnik, ‘paradise on Earth’ according to George Bernard Shaw. Join a walking exploration of the city, guided by a Local Expert. Walk past Onofrio’s Fountain, see the Old Jewish Quarter and the synagogue, and marvel at the grandeur of the cathedral and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries. (Breakfast)
DAY 12: RELAXED START | OPTIONAL MONTENEGRO EXPERIENCE
Spend the day at your leisure or enjoy an optional visit to Montenegro. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 13: RELAXED START | DUBROVNIK AT LEISURE
Make the most of a day at leisure in the Pearl of the Adriatic. Perhaps take the opportunity to visit Cavtat, one of the most enchanting seaside resorts in Croatia. This evening, should weather permit, you’re invited to embark on a dazzling cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik. Gaze out at views of the glistening Adriatic and the mighty city walls rising straight from the cliffs. Savour authentic flavours of local specialties washed down with locally produced wine. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 14: DUBROVNIK AIRPORT
Departure transfers arrive at Dubrovnik airport at 05:00, 09:00 and 11:30. (Breakfast)
- Mali Ston: Meet a local oyster farmer and learn about the cultivation of oysters, before enjoying a delicious Sea-to-Table tasting of fresh shellfish and local wine.
- Welcome Dinner in Zagreb
- Celebration Dinner with wine and grappa in Dubrovnik
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.