Insight Vacations 11D European Dream
- City tours of Florence and Rome, both with Local Experts
- See St. Mark's Square and Doge's Palace in Venice, Machiavelli's house with a Local Expert, Duomo and Piazza della Signoria in Florence, Colosseum, Orvieto, Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Champs-Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris
DAY 1: WELCOME TO VENICE
Welcome to the Queen of the Adriatic. Transfers by water taxi depart Venice Marco Polo Airport for the hotel at 11:00 and 13:00. What better way to start your dream holiday than in true Venetian style? Join your Travel Director at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner at the magical La Fenice restaurant. Sip Bellini cocktails at twilight whilst being serenaded, and admire the tranquility of St. Mark's Square long after the day-trippers have gone to their mainland hotels. Return to your hotel by the Grand Canal. (Dinner)
DAY 2: RELAXED START | THE MAGIC OF LA SERENISSIMA
Admire the Doge's Palace and its adjoining Bridge of Sighs. Witness the skill of glassblowers and learn how the Venetian gondola is made on a visit to a traditional arts centre. (Breakfast)
DAY 3: TO THE ETERNAL CITY OF ROME
Journey through the lush Tuscan countryside. Meet your Local Expert for a guided tour through the house of the Italian Renaissance diplomat and writer, Nicolo Machiavelli. Savour a light lunch and a tasting of wines made from the vineyards surrounding the home. Your journey continues as you follow the course of the Tiber to your hotel in the Eternal City of Rome. (Breakfast, Lunch)
DAY 4: PAPAL AND IMPERIAL ROME
Receive red-carpet treatment with a VIP visit and fast-track entry to the Vatican Museums and behind-the-scenes access to the Bramante Staircase, a part of the Vatican normally closed to the public. Join a Local Expert for a guided walk to Michelangelo's famous ceiling in the Sistine Chapel, and continue on to St. Peter's Basilica. (Breakfast)
DAY 5: RELAXED START | ORVIETO AND ON TO FLORENCE
Stop in Orvieto, located on a rock pedestal overlooking a vineyard-covered plain. Savour the flavours of the region and learn about the Italian food culture as you join chef Lorenzo for a fascinating live pasta-making demonstration. Continue on to Florence. (Breakfast, Lunch)
DAY 6: RELAXED START | RENAISSANCE FLORENCE
With your Local Expert, view the multicoloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. You also visit the open-air gallery of Renaissance masterpieces in Piazza della Signoria and see the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods. In the afternoon, enjoy free time to explore the Renaissance capital. Perhaps take the opportunity to visit the Tuscan town of Pisa? (Breakfast)
DAY 7: ACROSS THE ALPS TO LUCERNE
Head north towards the Italian Lake District and continue into the heart of the Swiss Alps, before travelling alongside towering mountains and past rushing torrents, down to scenic Lake Lucerne. Upon arrival to Lucerne, see the town's proud Lion Monument, the covered Chapel Bridge and the baroque Jesuit Church. (Breakfast)
DAY 8: LUCERNE AND MT. STANSERHORN
Embark on a scenic journey by funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of the stunning Mount Stanserhorn. Explore Stanserhorn with Insight Choice. Choose between taking a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see marmots and other native animals. Alternatively, join a Swiss ranger and hear a talk to learn about local wildlife and flora in the area. At night, you are offered a fine selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 9: SIGHTS AND DELIGHTS OF PARIS
Travel through France to the City of Light. During your time in Paris, see the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame Cathedral, facades of the Louvre and the banks of River Seine, with its many romantic bridges. See the Place de la Concorde and drive along the Champs-Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. With the evening free, enjoy the lively atmosphere of this glittering city. Why not visit one of the world-famous cabaret shows? (Breakfast)
DAY 10: THE FOOD AND FLAVOURS OF PARIS
Explore Paris with Insight Choice. Choose between shopping at Galeries Lafayette and a guided tour around the Right Bank led by a Local Expert. Alternatively, join a Local Expert, an avid foodie, to explore small shops and sample local treats and delicacies. Embrace the charms of the City of Light as you enjoy a festive Celebration Dinner with wine at iconic restaurant La Coupole, frequently visited by French entertainer Josephine Baker. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 11: AU REVOIR PARIS
Bid farewell to your travelling companions as your journey comes to an end. Transfers arrive at Charles de Gaulle Airport at 08:00 and 11:00. Alternatively, you may depart for London via Gare du Nord with the return Eurostar option. (Breakfast)
- Stanserhorn: Choose between taking a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see native animals. Alternatively, join a Swiss ranger to learn about local fauna and flora in the area.
- Choose between two experiences in Paris.
- Orvieto: Explore the art of Italian cooking with chef Lorenzo and observe how he makes fresh pasta by hand.
- Visit glassblowing and gondola crafting workshop in Venice, Bramante Staircase, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Expert.
- Savour dinner and a Bellini cocktail in Venice
- Wine tasting and light lunch at Machiavelli's house in Tuscany
- Choice of Dine-Around options in Lucerne
- Celebration Dinner at La Coupole in Paris
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.