Costsaver 12D Britain and Ireland Experience
- WINDSOR View the castle
- BATH Visit the Georgian spa city
- CARDIFF See the Principality Stadium and view Cardiff Castle
- WATERFORD Visit the Crystal Showroom
- YOUGHAL Visit this picturesque fishing port
- BLARNEY Kiss the Blarney Stone during your visit of Blarney Castle
- ADARE View the prettiest village in Ireland
- LIMERICK View King John's Castle and see St. Mary’s Cathedral
- GALWAY See Galway Cathedral
- DUBLIN With your Local Specialist, see St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin Castle, Christchurch Cathedral, the glorious Georgian Squares, and Trinity College
- CHESTER View the Tudor architecture
- LIVERPOOL Visit the hometown of the Beatles
- LAKE DISTRICT Visit this picturesque region
- GRETNA GREEN Visit Gretna Green, popular with eloping couples since 1754
- EDINBURGH Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes the main sights
- JEDBURGH View the Abbey ruins
- HADRIAN’S WALL View the remains of the Roman wall
- YORK View York Minster and stroll along the Shambles
- STRATFORD-UPON-AVON Visit the town of Shakespeare's birth and see Anne Hathaway's cottage
- BLADON View Sir Winston Churchill's grave
- OXFORD View the Bodleian Library and Radcliffe Camera
Day 1: LONDON – WINDSOR – BATH – CARDIFF
London's skyscrapers give way to an idyllic countryside as you wind your way to Windsor and then Bath. Cross the Severn Estuary into Wales. (Dinner)
Day 2: CARDIFF – WATERFORD
Perhaps, join this morning's Optional Experience to Cardiff Castle before driving past Carmarthen, the legendary birthplace of Merlin See the 11th-century castle in which King Henry VII was born, then board your ferry to Ireland where tonight you'll dine in your hotel. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 3: WATERFORD – BLARNEY – TRALEE
Visit the Waterford Crystal Showroom, then head along the southern coast to Youghal. Your next stop is Blarney Castle, where a quick kiss of the Blarney Stone will grant you the 'gift of the gab'. In Killarney, consider an optional Jaunting Car ride, before arriving in Tralee. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 4: TRALEE – DINGLE PENINSULA – LIMERICK – SHANNON
Today's drive through the Dingle Peninsula is one filled with incredible views but there's more to see as you continue to Ireland's prettiest village, Adare. Continue to Limerick to see its medieval-era St. Mary’s Cathedral and view King John's Castle, before arriving in Shannon. (Breakfast)
Day 5: SHANNON – GALWAY – DUBLIN (2 NIGHTS)
Drive through County Clare bound for Galway and see its modern cathedral before heading to Dublin for an optional cabaret evening. (Breakfast)
Day 6: DUBLIN SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME
You're in good hands this morning as your Local Specialist reveals Trinity College, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Dublin Castle. This afternoon explore Dublin at your leisure. (Breakfast)
Day 7: DUBLIN – CHESTER – LIVERPOOL – MANCHESTER
Say a fond slán go fóill to the 'Emerald Isle', crossing the Irish Sea bound for Holyhead. View the station boasting one of the longest names in the world, then head to Chester and then Liverpool where the musical 'Fab Four' had their start. (Breakfast)
Day 8: MANCHESTER – LAKE DISTRICT – EDINBURGH (DUNFERMLINE) (2 NIGHTS)
See the Lake District landscapes that William Wordsworth so admired. Then cross the Scottish border bound for Gretna Green where eloping couples would tie the knot. (Breakfast)
Day 9: EDINBURGH SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME
Your Local Specialist will guide this morning's sightseeing tour past the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile. Consider joining one of two special Optional Experiences this afternoon – board the Royal Yacht Britannia or visit Edinburgh Castle. This evening, an Optional Experience could see you visit an ancient village or dance up a storm to the skirl of traditional bagpipes. (Breakfast)
Day 10: EDINBURGH (DUNFERMLINE) – YORK – LEEDS
Your journey south ventures to all that remains of Jedburgh Abbey. Stop at Carter Bar to snap a selfie at the Anglo-Scottish border. Then view Hadrian's Wall before stopping in York for an orientation tour. Wander down the cobbled Shambles, then continue to your hotel in Leeds where dinner is served this evening. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 11: LEEDS – STRATFORD-UPON-AVON – CHELTENHAM
Embark on your own exploration of Stratfordupon-Avon, the historic market town whereEngland's famous bard was born and buried. There's time to join an Optional Experience to Warwick Castle. (Breakfast)
Day 12: CHELTENHAM – OXFORD – LONDON
Your scenic drive through the Cotswolds will bring you to Bladon, where Sir Winston Churchill is buried. Next up is a visit to Oxford, England's oldest university city, before continuing to London. (Breakfast)
Here are some options that you can purchase on tour to make your trip as unique as you are:
VISIT CARDIFF CASTLE
Explore Cardiff's historic heart when you embark on a private tour of Cardiff Castle and admire what remains of the fanciful inspiration of its architect William Burgess before climbing its 1,000-year-old keep for panoramic views.
EXPERIENCE A JAUNTING CART RIDE
Enjoy a traditional pony and trap ride through the Bourn-Vincent National Park with a Local Specialist who shares stories about the area.
Savour the beauty of the Lake District as you board a cruise on Lake Windermere, skirting the northern coastline past deserted islands, beautiful country homes and Wray Castle.
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.