Costsaver 10D Imperial Highlights
- MUNICH Orientation includes the Olympic Stadium and Marienplatz
- REGENSBURG Orientation includes the old stone bridge
- PRAGUE Walking tour with a Local Specialist includes views of St. Vitus Cathedral and the Old Town Square
- BRATISLAVA Visit the capital of Slovakia
- BUDAPEST Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes Fisherman's Bastion, the Church of St. Matthias and Gellért Hill
- GYOR Visit this historical town
- VIENNA Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the State Opera House, Hofburg, Parliament and the Imperial Boulevards
- SALZBURG Visit this charming city, the birthplace of Mozart
Day 1: ARRIVE MUNICH
Say cheers to Germany's beer capital and hello to a glorious encounter with the imperial capitals of central Europe. Embark on an orientation tour of Munich, soaking up its old-world Bavarian charm in the elegant Marienplatz featuring the Old and New Town Halls and the Glockenspiel. You'll have the rest of the day free to explore Munich your way, perhaps with a stein in hand amidst the rousing atmosphere in an outdoor Biergarten. (Dinner)
Day 2: MUNICH – REGENSBURG – PRAGUE (2 NIGHTS)
Your first stop today is in the UNESCO-listed town of Regensburg with its beautifully preserved medieval centre. Cross the border into the Czech Republic and arrive in Prague later. The 'Golden City of a Hundred Spires' belongs in a Brothers Grimm fairy tale as you stroll through the illuminated city at night on an Optional Experience. Your introduction to Prague will reveal all the highlights of its Old Town, followed by a drink at a favourite local restaurant celebrating the crisp brews for which Prague is so famous. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 3: PRAGUE SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME
Delve into Prague's history with a Local Specialist who leads your sightseeing tour featuring Prague Castle, the Cathedral of St. Vitus and the Old Town Square. There's time later to explore the city on your own, perhaps returning to the Square to watch the clock's magical hourly Walk of the Apostles with a toasty Trdelník in hand or choose to embark on an optional lunch cruise along the Vltava. (Breakfast)
Day 4: PRAGUE – BRATISLAVA – BUDAPEST (2 NIGHTS)
Stop in Bratislava to see its Old Town and 15th-century Old Town Hall before continuing to Budapest, whose two halves straddle the beautiful Danube River. Perhaps, begin your exploration of this 'Paris of the East' on the water with an optional scenic cruise on a private boat this evening. Against an enchanting illuminated backdrop, you'll enjoy a dinner of Hungarian specialties while you sail underneath the famous Chain Bridge and past Budapest's majestic Parliament building. (Breakfast)
Day 5: BUDAPEST SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME
A Local Specialist will share all the sights including Fisherman's Bastion, Heroes' Square and the Church of St. Matthias. Take a trip up Gellért Hill then consider joining an optional tour to the medieval town of Szentendre. Tonight, revel in the colourful folklore of the gypsies with an optional Hungarian dinner and folk music experience. (Breakfast)
Day 6: BUDAPEST – GYOR – VIENNA (2 NIGHTS)
You'll be grateful for your leisurely start to the day after an evening of lively gypsy music andfun. Let the decadence continue and consider a rich 'second breakfast' at Gundels with an optional visit to the Hungarian Parliament, before crossing the hilly Transdanubia region bound for Györ, located midway between Budapest and Vienna. Next stop is the Austrian capital itself where art, architecture and above all music hit all the right notes for an inspiring evening in the former home of the Habsburgs. (Breakfast)
Day 7: VIENNA SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME
Vienna has held on to her regal roots as you'll come to discover when you join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour featuring all the highlights, including the Hofburg, State Opera House and City Hall. Consider an Optional Experience guided visit to Schönbrunn Palace then enjoy an optional evening of Mozart and Strauss music. (Breakfast)
Day 8: VIENNA – SALZBURG
Follow the Danube Valley, passing the impressive Benedictine monastery at Melk. Continue to Salzburg and take a stroll through the Mirabell Gardens, where the von Trapp children once sang ‘Do-Re-Mi' in ‘The Sound of Music'. Then there's time to embark on your own exploration of this historic city. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 9 SALZBURG – MUNICH
Explore the spectacular alpine region of Bavaria with a choice of Optional Experiences – a scenic tour to Berchtesgaden or a visit to Hitler's retreat at Eagle's Nest. In Munich, you'll see the 1970s Olympic Stadium, then join an optional Bavarian-style farewell dinner to toast the end of an epic adventure. (Breakfast)
Day 10: DEPART MUNICH
Say a fond pfi at di to your new friends and prepare for your onward journey home. Transfers to Munich Airport are available. Conditions apply. (Breakfast)
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.