Insight Vacations 9D Natural Wonders of Iceland
- Visit Hellisheiði Power Station, Geysir Vatnajökull National Park, Snæfellsjökull National Park, Blue Lagoon.
- City Tour of Reykjavik with a Local Expert.
- See Gullfoss waterfall, Skalholt’s historic church, Vatnajökull Glacier in Skaftafell, Lake Jökulsárlón, lake-side Egilsstaðir, Dettifoss waterfall, craters, boiling mud pots and geothermal hot springs at Lake Mývatn, Akureyri, Snæfellsjökull National Park, black lava fields and yellow beach of Búðir, sea-cliff and rock formations of Arnarstapi, Parliamentary Plains in Thingvellir, Blue Lagoon, Old Harbour, National Museum and Höfði House Reykjavík.
- Enjoy the scenery like no where else in the world, as you travel through the mountain pass of Almannaskard and the Mödrudal Desert, past Hvammstangi, along the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and into the Snæfellsjökull National Park.
DAY 1: THE SMOKY BAY OF REYKJAVÍK
Welcome to Iceland. On arrival at Reykjavik's Keflavik Airport, you will be welcomed and transferred to your hotel. Join your Travel Director and travel companions at 18:15 for a Welcome Drink served with light refreshments.
DAY 2: HOT SPRINGS AND WATERFALLS TO VÍK
First stop after leaving the city will be at Hellisheidi Power Plant. On to Hveragerdi, known as the greenhouse village, to Kerid crater, and to Skalholt bishopric. Next stops will be at Geysir geothermal area, and Gullfoss waterfall. Along the fertile farmland in the south to your overnight hotel in Vik area. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 3: BY GLACIERS AND ICEBERGS TO HÖFN
Travel along the southern coast of Iceland, beside the black basalt sand beaches. The highlight of the day is the National Park at Skaftafell where you will see the largest glacier in Europe, Vatnajokull. Travel on to the luminous blue icebergs of Lake Jokulsarlon, the dramatic setting of scenes in two James Bond films. Arrive in the small harbour town of Hofn, an active lobster fishing hub. Your TravelDirector takes you on a short orientation. Dining icon hotel's restaurant tonight and experience what the local produce has to offer. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 4: RELAXED START | EASTERN FJORDS TO EGILSSTAÐIR
Explore the eastern coastal region, where Irish missionary monks lived some 1,200 years ago. Travel up the fjords to the beautiful area around Egilsstadir. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 5: BY DESERT, LAKES AND DIVINE WATERFALLS TO AKUREYRI
Travel through the sand desert of Modrudalur to see Dettifoss, the most powerful waterfall in Europe. Continue on to the beautiful Lake Myvatn. Explore the mysterious natural landscape of Iceland with lava mazes, pseudo-craters, sulphur fields and other phenomena unique to the country. The last stop is by the waterfall Godafoss, waterfall of the gods. (Breakfast)
DAY 6: RELAXED START | FROM THE CAPITAL OF THE NORTH TO BORGARNES
Enjoy an orientation of Akureyri, the capital of northern Iceland, first established as a trading centre in 1602. Travel past mountains, waterfalls and green coastal regions to Hvammstangi.Later, continue on to the southwest coast of Borgarnes. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 7: EXPLORING SNÆFELLSJÖKULL NATIONAL PARK
Travel along the Snafellsnes Peninsula to Snafellsjokull National Park known as the Jewel of West Iceland and home to the country's most famous volcano. See the magnificent Snafellsjokull glaciersurrounded by unspoiled natural beauty. En route, admire the impressive landscapes of Budir offering a mixture of sandy hills, black lava fields and a yellow beach. Next, take a stroll along the sea cliffs of Arnastapi with its unique columnar rock formations while taking in the beautiful scenery. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 8: THINGVELLIR, BLUE LAGOON AND ON TO REYKJAVÍK
Journey south to Thingvellir, a remarkable UNESCO World Heritage Site that lies on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet. On arrival at Reykjavik, join a Local Expert for sightseeing of the city. See the Old Harbour, the Hallgrim church, Hofdi House and Althingishusid, Reykjavik's House of Parliament. Visit Iceland's world-famous Blue Lagoon, where you join your newfound friends and toast to your Icelandic holiday with a cocktail. Relax in the mineral-rich geothermal waters, surrounded by lava fields and snowcapped mountains. The Lagoon is a wonder of nature and offers a unique experience for both body and soul. This evening, delight in a delicious Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant where you round off your journey through one of the world's most naturally beautiful places. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 9: FAREWELL REYKJAVÍK
Your Icelandic adventure comes to an end, with a transfer to Reykjavik's Keflavik Airport. (Breakfast)
- Welcome Reception in Reykjavík
- Enjoy a celebratory cocktail in the Blue Lagoon
- Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant inReykjavik
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.