Costsaver 9D Footsteps of the Pharaohs
- CAIRO See the treasures of Tutankhamun during a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum, the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- ASWAN Sail on the Nile in a traditional felucca and see the Botanical Gardens on Kitchener's Island
- KOM-OMBO Visit Kom-Ombo Temple dedicated to two gods
- LUXOR Explore the imposing Karnak Temple Complex in Luxor
- VALLEY OF THE KINGS See the Memnon Colossi and visit the mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- HURGHADA Enjoy a free day to relax in the beach resort town of Hurghada
Day 1 ARRIVE CAIRO (2 NIGHTS)
Hold on to your hats as you embark on a whirlwind journey into antiquity, beginning in colourful Cairo. Spend your first day delving into the treasures of ancient history your way. Visit the Alabaster mosque, modelled on Istanbul's Hagia Sofia, or savour an apple shisha rubbing shoulders with the locals as you watch the sun set over Cairo.
Day 2: CAIRO SIGHTSEEING
See the treasures of Tutankhamun this morning during a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum, home of the world's greatest collection of ancient Egyptian art. Proceed to the Pyramids of Giza, where you'll see the Pyramid of Cheops, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the proudly posing Sphinx, before returning to Cairo this evening for some time on your own or an Optional Experience sound and light show amidst the pyramids. (Breakfast)
Day 3: CAIRO – ASWAN – NILE CRUISE (3 NIGHTS)
Let the dust settle in Cairo as you board your morning flight to Aswan, You'll arrive just in time for a visit to the High Dam and admire the Temple of Isis in Philae before boarding your cruise. This afternoon, take to the Nile on a traditional felucca, watching as the wind whips up its elegant white cotton sails as you sail around the Botanical Gardens on Kitchener's Island. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 4: NILE CRUISE: ASWAN – KOM-OMBO – EDFU
Catch the gaze of Ramses II if you join an Optional Experience to the imposing temples of Abu Simbel, his ancient southern seat of power. Set sail for Kom-Ombo, arriving this afternoon to visit Kom-Ombo Temple where two gods of Horus the Elder and Sobek are worshipped in tandem. Your cruise continues overnight to Edfu. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 5: NILE CRUISE: EDFU – LUXOR
Ancient Thebes beckons and you'll continue your Nile cruise to Luxor where this afternoon we visit the Luxor Museum. Go back in time and see an astounding collection of archaeological treasures, including items from Tutankhamun's tomb and remnants from the New Kingdom. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 6 DISEMBARK – LUXOR – VALLEY OF THE KINGS – HURGHADA (2 NIGHTS)
Your Nile cruise has come to an end, but there's still plenty more to see in the Valley of Kings. Visit the mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut, then see the seated Memnon Colossi before stopping in Karnak. Later, you'll head to the Red Sea coastline and stop at Hurghada where tonight you'll enjoy dinner at your hotel. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 7: HURGHADA FREE DAY
What a treat! A full free day to soak up the sun-kissed splendour of Hurghada on your own. You could choose to shelve the sightseeing and relax at your resort guilt-free or embark on a snorkelling tour getting up close and personal to the resident dolphins. However you decide to spend your day, start and end it slowly – isn't that what beach holidays are for? Tonight dinner is served at your hotel. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 8: HURGHADA – CAIRO
Wake up to the sounds of the seaside. There's no need to hurry and you'll have some time this morning for a leisurely breakfast before taking your transfer to Cairo for a free evening. (Breakfast)
Day 9: DEPART CAIRO
For now, all that remains is to say farewell to your travel companions before transferring to Cairo airport for your return flight home, filled with fond memories of the treasures you've encountered. (Breakfast)
Here are some options that you can purchase on tour to make your trip as unique as you are:
GIZA SOUND AND LIGHT SHOW
This unmissable event is one of the most famous shows in the world! Experience a light show with stereophonic sound featuring the Sphinx and Great Pyramids.
ASWAN SOUND AND LIGHT SHOW
Enjoy a mesmerising show in the middle of the Nile River against the backdrop of the Isis Temple at Philae.
ABU SIMBEL (BY FLIGHT)
What better way to see the imposing Abu Simbel than by air? Enjoy a bird's eye view of this imposing monument which was rescued from oblivion through massive international efforts during construction of the High Dam.
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.