Insight Vacations 8D Normandy, Brittany & The Loire Valley
- Visit Arromanches Landing Museum, Mont-Saint-Michel, Chateau d'Azay Le Rideau, Chateau de Villandry and gardens, Chartres Cathedral.
- City tours of Mont-Saint Malo and Normandy Landing Beaches, both with Local Experts.
- See the Cathedral, Great Clock, Old Market Square and Place du Vieux-Marche in Rouen, Honfleur, Angers Chateau, Chartres Cathedral, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Champs-Elysees and Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
- Enjoy the scenery of the French countryside as you travel along the River Seine and through Normandy, Brittany and the Loire Valley.
DAY 1: WELCOME TO PARIS
On arrival at Charles de Gaulle Airport, transfers leave for the hotel at 08:30, 11:00 and 13:30. After checking in, the capital's grand boulevards and world-famous landmarks are yours to explore. At 17:30, join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Welcome Dinner at Le Sud, a local brasserie with a Mediterranean-inspired menu. (Dinner)
DAY 2: ROUEN, HONFLEUR AND DEAUVILLE
Follow the River Seine to Rouen, capital of Normandy, to admire its ancient cathedral. Wander through the narrow streets beneath the Great Clock to the Old Market Square and see the church commemorating the burning of Joan of Arc in 1431. Continue to the charming fishing town of Honfleur and to your luxurious hotel located in the chic seaside resort of Deauville. (Breakfast)
DAY 3: NORMANDY BEACHES AND D-DAY LANDINGS
Follow the route of the Rangers and visit the bunkers and the Rangers Memorial at Pointe du Hoc. With a Local Expert, spend a few reflective moments at the American Military Cemetery of Saint-Laurent near Omaha Beach before a visit to the D-Day Museum to see the remnants of the artificial port in the bay of Arromanches. There are poignant reminders of World War II as you travel past Juno and Gold beaches, which both played a part in the Normandy landings. This evening you are treated to a delightful dinner, which promises creative cuisine, seasonal ingredients and delicious wines. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 4: MONT-SAINT-MICHEL AND SAINTMALO
Journey through Bocage country for an exploration of the hilltop abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel with your Local Expert. The abbey stands on an island and is reached by a causeway across the shining sands. Continue along the Emerald Coast to stunning Saint-Malo, situated on the Rance Estuary and one of the most charming places in France. A Local Expert will take you on an exploration of the City of the Corsairs. Walk through the maze of streets of Intra Muros, the walled city, to the cathedral, the burial place of Jacques Cartier and other celebrated voyagers. (Breakfast)
DAY 5: VILLANDRY EXPERIENCE
Head south to follow the valley of the Loire, passing the moated Angers Castle. Cross the Loire to Saumur, where a local vintner will guide you through tastings of the region's delicious wines. With a Local Expert, head to Chateau de Villandry, the jewel of the Loire, to visit the glorious gardens. Ensure you don't miss the water, ornamental and kitchen gardens – a stunning sea of fragrant green herbs, silvery cabbages, and purple basil. Return to your own superb chateau for relaxation and free time. (Breakfast)
DAY 6: SCENIC DRIVE ALONG THE LOIRE VALLEY
Journey to the fairy-tale Chateau d'Azayle- Rideau, considered one of the best representations of French Renaissance architecture. Continue to your chateau hotel, where you can relax like royalty in sumptuous surroundings. Your Celebration Dinner starts with a glass of local sparkling wine and continues with excellent service and delicious Farm-to-Table dishes in the most wholesome setting, ensuring the memory of your meal will linger long after you've returned home. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 7: LA BEAUCE AND CHARTRES TO PARIS, CITY OF LIGHT
Travel through La Beauce region to the Chartres Cathedral. Auguste Rodin called it the 'Acropolis of France,' and once inside you can marvel at the beautiful stained-glass rose window which floods the cathedral with colour and light. On return to the French capital, your Travel Director introduces you to all the sights including Notre-Dame Cathedral and the facades of the Louvre. See the Place de la Concorde and travel down the Champs Elysees to Napoleon's Arc de Triomphe. After dark, the City of Light really lives up to its name when the monuments, buildings and bridges are lit up in all their glory. For that special touch of excitement and glamour don't miss the chance to experience one of the world-famous cabaret shows. (Breakfast)
DAY 8: AU REVOIR PARIS
Your departure transfer will arrive at Charles de Gaulle Airport at 08:00 or 11:00. (Breakfast)
- Loire Valley: At Chateau de Rochecotte you will enjoy a delicious Celebration Farm-to-Table Dinner, prepared with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- Welcome Dinner at Le Sud in Paris
- Taste wine in the Loire Valley
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.