Uniworld 8D Burgundy & Provence
Onboard Super Ship, S.S. Catherine from Arles to Lyon
1 country: France
- 7-night cruise with meals onboard
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners\Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- ~Transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities, both onboard and onshore
2023 Sailing: March – early November
A journey of exquisite pleasures.
Follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh, Cézanne and Gauguin on this exquisite journey through southern France; the same beautiful countryside and culture that inspired the masters will now inspire you.
Cruise the Rhône and Saône rivers, enjoying the region’s incomparable wine and cuisine and discovering its many treasures—from the medieval wonders of UNESCO-designated Avignon to Lyon’s lively river banks. Stroll the very streets of Arles made famous by Van Gogh. Visit Avignon’s majestic Palace of the Popes. Experience “Village Day” in enchanting Viviers, including a recital of music composed by Bach and Handel. And for those who wish for a more active exploration of the area, you can kayak on the tranquil Gardon River under the UNESCO-designated Pont du Gard; hike the steepest vineyards on the Rhône; and pedal through the city designed with bike riders in mind while in Lyon. Explore unforgettable “Burgundy & Provence” where tradition is as deeply rooted as the historic grapevines on the hills.
Who will enjoy this cruise
Travelers wishing to walk through the lands that inspired Van Gogh, Cézanne and Gauguin. History buffs, gastronomes and wine connoisseurs.
Connoisseur Collection (select sailings)
Enjoy a culinary-focused French cruise that will take you to famous restaurants, truffle farms, quaint villages and other culinary hot spots, including a tasting of premium Valrhona French chocolate and wine.
ABOUT THE SHIP
Uniworld is committed to building a fleet of ships that represents the absolute best in luxury river cruising, combining quality craftsmanship with high-tech innovations and custom-designed interiors. Our second Super Ship, S.S. Catherine, continues this proud tradition of excellence with sumptuous materials and meticulous attention to detail. The vessel’s opulent interiors include a two-story lobby with a specially commissioned Murano glass chandelier and whimsical life-size glass horse.
Total 80 staterooms; 6 suites including Grand Suite and 74 staterooms from Classic to Deluxe Balcony with its measurement of 443ft in length and 37.5ft in width. Carrying up to 159 guests and 57 staff.
Terms and Conditions:
- All fares are discounted, per guest in US dollars based on lowest available category in double occupancy exclude additional port charges.
- Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Availability of all stateroom categories cannot be guaranteed.
- Single Supplement applies for single accommodation.
- Itineraries, hotels, and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- ~Arrival and departure transfer arrangements must comply with Uniworld Transfer Guidelines. Do check with travel consultant on the terms and conditions.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
- Sailing dates and itineraries are subjected to change.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing.
- Other terms and conditions apply.