7D6N Tasmania Great Western & Cradle Mountain
- 1 night stay at Clarion Hotel City Park Grand or similar
- 2 nights, stay at Cradle Mountain Hotel or similar
- 2 nights, stay at Strahan Village, Strahan or similar
- 1 night stay at The Old Woolstore Apartment or similar
- 6 days car rental
Day 1 Launceston – Tamar Valley – Launceston: (Travel time:2hrs)
Your journey begins in Launceston located in the beautiful Tasmania region. Here is where you pick up your car and start off towards Tamar Valley, where you will encounter some berry farms, orchards and wineries. You can look forward to places of interest here such as Seahorse World, Platypus House, and Grindelwald which is a Swiss town shopping square.
A side visit would be to Bridestowe Lavender Estate in Nabowla in Summer, where you will be able to walk through the lavender fields while it blooms. You will then make a round trip back to Launceston for your accommodation for the night.
Day 2 Launceston – Cradle Mountain: (Travel time: approx. 3.30hrs)
After breakfast, it is time to head for Cradle Mountain. The first stretch leads through to Ashgrove Cheese Farm and 41 Degrees South Salmon and Ginseng Farm where you can take a brief stop to learn about cheese making.
Other popular stopovers along the way include Trowunna Wildlife Park, Mole Creek Cave, Sheffield also known as the town of Murals. After all these, you can head for the day’s final destination at Cradle Mountain where you will spend the night.
Day 3 Cradle Mountain:
Your first feeling in the morning might well be one of anticipation, which is understandable, because after breakfast you will be heading to the Dove Lake, also known as the beauty of nature. Some soft adventure activities you will be delighted to try are horse riding, fishing or even going on wilderness flights.
On the other hand, if you are after a more laid back activity, you may indulge in a luxurious spa treatment. You can spend the evening by joining an adventure night out for animal spotlight tour with a visit to Devils@Cradle, a Tasmanian devil sanctuary for night feeding tour.
Day 4 Cradle Mountain – Zeehan – Strahan
Back in the driver’s seat, you will head west towards Zeehan. On the way there you can stop off at the Mining Museum to learn how miners lived in the past at this remote town of Australia. Continue on the route to Strahan, once a seaport with abundant fresh food supple. Here you can embark on an adventurous 4WD motorbike tour at Henty Sand Dunes which is a short drive away from Strahan.
Day 5 Strahan:
Strahan has always been a working fishing port. Today, the town’s lobster boats and long-liners still tie up at the wharf to unload their catch, not far from Lady Jane Franklin II, the magnificent Gordon River Cruise boat. Seafood is a m ust try when you are here. The 6hour cruise on the Gordon River is highly recommended for an award winning wilderness experience in the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area.Enjoy stunning scenery and fascinating history in comfort, learn history of ship-building in the region and share the tale of a group of convicts’ escape from Sarah Island, a convict settlement.
You may wish to take in the live professional theatre production -The Ship That Never Was. The play tells the dramatic and hilarious true story of the Great Escape from Sarah Island!
Day 6 Strahan – Hobart: (Travel time: approx. 4hrs)
The last leg of the trip would start at Queenstown, thereafter you would arrive at your final destination, Hobart. A popular scenic stopover on the way is at the picturesque lake St Clair and trek to Russell Falls in Mt Field National Park, one of Tasmania’s most photographed waterfalls. If you happen to be in Hobart on a Saturday, do head down to the Salamanca market (operating hours 8am to 3pm). You will spend your last night in Hobart.
Day 7 Hobart – Singapore:
It is time to say goodbye to a country full of scenic views. If time permits, you might consider some last minute shopping before you leave. Your souvenirs will likely include a taste for move adventure and memories of an unforgettable experience.
Terms and Conditions:
- Travel validity: 01 Oct 2019 - 31 Mar 2020
- Booking must be made by 20 Mar 2020.
- Prices are quoted on a per person basis, correct at time of publishing and subject to change without prior notice. All tour and hotel availabilities are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Promotions are non-combinable unless stated otherwise.
- Peak Season/Weekend surcharges may apply.
- Strictly no refunds after bookings are confirmed and ticketed.
- UOB Travel reserves the right to reclaim and charge the full retail value of the gift(s) to the customer if the booking is subsequently cancelled for any reason.
- An admin fee of S$50 per person will be levied for any amendment on top of other charges (where applicable) imposed by supplier(s) or airline(s).
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing.
- Other terms and conditions apply.