Luxury Gold 7D Elegance of Egypt
- Meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their gods in the afterlife.
DAY 1: CAIRO AT LEISURE
Welcome to the timeless land of the pharaohs. On arrival in Cairo, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. In the evening, get to know your Travelling Concierge and fellow guests over a welcome drink at the hotel.
DAY 2: CAIRO SIGHTSEEING
In the morning, meet your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, and begin your discovery. Start with a visit to the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, where you venture inside and visit the enigmatic Sphinx. Afterwards, visit the Egyptian Museum, to witness the priceless treasures recovered from the Tomb of Tutankhamun. Later, drive to the Pyramids to witness the magical Sound & Light Show, an unforgettable introduction to the world of ancient Egypt. (Breakfast)
DAY 3: FLY TO ASWAN TO JOIN YOUR CRUISE
Board your plane for a morning flight across the desert to Aswan. Visit the Aswan High Dam and the granite quarries, where one of Queen Hatshepsut's obelisks lies abandoned in the bedrock. Then cross the Nile by motorboat to the well-preserved Philae temple complex. Next, stretch out on a traditional Nile felucca for a peaceful ride around Kitchener's Island. In the late afternoon, join the likes of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, with a colonial-style high tea on the terrace of the Old Cataract Hotel. Once on your stylish and spacious cruiser, enjoy a Highlight Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show and live music. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 4: RELAXED START | KOM OMBO TO EDFU
The morning is at leisure to relax or explore, or maybe take a Locally Available Experience by air to visit the amazing temples of Abu Simbel? At lunchtime, set sail for the temple at Kom Ombo – a glorious sight as you approach by river. Unique in Egypt, it's dedicated to both the falcon-headed Horus and the crocodile god, Sobek. Then, drift past irrigated fields and palm-fringed villages to dock at Edfu. As evening falls, don your galabeyas, which are traditional Egyptian attire, for a funfilled Egyptian dinner and galabeya party. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 5: ESNA TEMPLE AND THE TEMPLE OF LUXOR
Start with a visit to Esna Temple. Situated in the centre of Esna, this fascinating and highly decorated temple is dedicated to the ram-headed god Khnum, the god of creation. Then visit Esna Lock before sitting back and observing everyday life in rural Egypt as you float downstream to Luxor. Visit the Temple of Luxor as the sun sets. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 6: LUXOR SIGHTSEEING AND CAIRO
Across the Nile, to the west of the city, lies the necropolis of ancient Thebes. Stop for a photo of the Colossi of Memnon. In the nearby Valley of the Kings, the Egyptian kings planned to meet their gods in the afterlife. Visit some of their tombs, then continue to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the rare female pharaohs. Next, visit a family home and witness the making of authentic Egyptian sun bread. Return to Luxor for your final highlight, Karnak, the largest temple complex built by man. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, past the statue of Rameses II, to the vast Hypostyle Hall. Afterwards, transfer to the airport for your flight back to Cairo. (Breakfast)
DAY 7: DEPART CAIRO
Your journey concludes after breakfast and you will be transferred to Cairo Airport to board your onward flight. (Breakfast)
- ASWAN: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy the sunset and afternoon tea in colonial English-style at Aswan’s famous Old Cataract Hotel.
- CAIRO: There is no finer view than seeing the pyramids from your private balcony at the five-star Mena House Hotel.
- LUXURY CRUISING: Set sail on the deluxe, all-suite River Tosca and experience old world elegance, blended with modern amenities and comfort.
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.