6D5N Southern Wonderland
Christchurch – Lake Tekapo – Queenstown – Milford Sound – Cromwell –
Mt Cook Region – Christchurch
- International Antartic Centre
- Milford Sound Cruise with lunch
- Shotover Jet Boat
- Skyline Queenstown Gondola + lunch
- DAY 1: ARRIVE CHRISTCHURCH Welcome to New Zealand! On arrival in Christchurch ‘The Garden City’ collect your rental car at the airport. Visit International Antarctic Centre before make your way to your accommodation.
- DAY 2: CHRISTCHURCH – LAKE TEKAPO – QUEENSTOWN Travel across the fertile Canterbury Plains before arriving at Lake Tekapo, a picturesque view and good photo stop of the Church of Good Shepherd. Continue south to the small town of Twizel before traveling through the historic Central Otago region to Lake Wakatipu and the ‘Alpine Resort’ of Queenstown.
- DAY 3: QUEENSTOWN – MILFORD SOUND – QUEENSTOWN Enjoy a scenic drive and travel through the breath-taking man-made Homer Tunnel to Milford Sound. Enjoy a scenic cruise with lunch on this world-famous fiord, dominated by Mitre Peak and the cascading Bowen Falls. Return to Queenstown.
- DAY 4: QUEENSTOWN Experience an adrenalin ride on the Shotover Jet Boat. Experience Skyline Queenstown Gondola ride with lunch up to Bob Peak and race down on the slope on the fun luge (1 ride) followed by scenic chairlift back to the top.
- DAY 5: QUEENSTOWN – CROMWELL – MT COOK REGION – CHRISTCHURCH Travel through the Central Otago and stop-by at Mrs Jones Fruits Stall to purchase some seasonal fruits. Follow the shores of Lake Pukaki and visit The Lookout Point for a panoramic look at Mt Cook. Arrive Christchurch in the late afternoon.
- DAY 6 - DEPARTURE DAY Your arrangements conclude today when you return your rental car to the airport.
Terms and Conditions
- minimum 2 adults to travel at all times
- prices quoted are subject to change without prior notice and are correct as at time of print/update
- package prices are subject to change without prior notice
- other terms & conditions apply