Insight Vacations 15D Country roads of Wales, Devon & Cornwall
- Visit the Roman Baths, Exmoor National Park, and Stonehenge.
- See Cardiff Castle, Oxford, Cotswolds, Glastonbury Abbey, Bideford, Plymouth Hoe, the Barbican and Mayflower Steps in Plymouth, Looe, Tintagel Castle, Port Isaa, Padstow, Penzance
DAY 1: OXFORD, THE COTSWOLDS AND BATH
Welcome to England. You'll be picked up from the trip hotel in London before making your way along the scenic Great West Way road to Oxford. Join your Travel Director, for an orientation of the City of Dreaming Spires, home to one of the world's most famous universities. Continue your journey on to the Cotswolds. See Bourton-on-the-Water and the pretty market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, before heading to the historic city of Bath. Head on an orientation of the city before ending your day with a Sunday roast at your Welcome Dinner. (Dinner)
DAY 2: RELAXED START | BATH THROUGH THE YEARS
Start your day by exploring Bath's fascinating Roman history. Visit the Roman Baths and see the incredibly well-preserved remains of one of the greatest spas of the ancient world, still flowing with the natural hot water from the springs. Later, you have the option to learn more about the life of esteemed author Jane Austen. (Breakfast)
DAY 3: BRECON'S BEACON NATIONAL PARK
Visit the Brecon Beacons, a mountain range in South Wales. Explore Brecon Beacons with Insight Choice. Enjoy a gentle hike with a ranger or learn more about the area's flora and fauna with a naturalist guide over a lecture. After a morning in the great outdoors, rectify your lethargic bliss with a hearty Farm-to-Table pub lunch, where a delicious seasonal menu with local ingredients will be available. In the afternoon, you'll arrive in Cardiff, Wales' cultural hub. Enjoy an orientation of this cultural hub, and enjoy the comfort of your centrally located accommodation. (Breakfast, Lunch)
DAY 4: RELAXED START | CARDIFF
Enjoy a relaxed start this morning. Join your Travel Director for an orientation of this vibrant city, see Principality Stadium, house of Welsh Rugby, and Cardiff Castle. The rest of your day is at leisure. (Breakfast)
DAY 5: EXMOOR NATIONAL PARK TO DARTMOOR
Begin your day at Glastonbury Abbey. Founded in the 7th-century, it is now registered as a Grade I listed building. Move on to Exmoor National Park, a beautiful area of moorland in Somerset. Continue your scenic drive to the historic port town of Bideford. Your day ends at Bovey Castle, where you'll stay for the next two nights. Nestled in the rolling valleys of Dartmoor National Park, this five-star accommodation stands within 275 acres of beautiful countryside. Catch up with your fellow travellers tonight over a nourishing dinner at the hotel. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 6: RELAXED START | EXPLORING THE SOUTHWEST
Head to the port city of Plymouth in Devon. See the steps where the Pilgrim Fathers first set sail in 1620. 2020 is particularly important, as it marks the Mayflower's 400th anniversary. You have the option of taking a cruise around the harbour here. Next, you'll journey to the quaint coastal town of Looe, a quintessential Cornish village boasting with old time charm. In the evening you have the option of heading out for a gastro pub dinner with your Travel Director and a local storyteller. (Breakfast)
DAY 7: LEGENDS AND GLITZ IN CORNWALL
Begin your day in Tintagel, mentioned in the legendary tale of King Arthur. See the ruins of its 13th-century castle. Move on to Port Isaac, a pretty fishing village on the Atlantic coast. Continue to Padstow and perhaps try a traditional service of fish and chips for lunch? Though it has become more gentrified in the last few years, it has not lost its nautical ambience. (Breakfast)
DAY 8: PIRATES OF PENZANCE
Begin your full day exploring Cornwall with a trip to the historic port of Penzance offering sea-blown charm with its Victorian promenade. Continue on to the centre of Cornwall's art scene, St Ives, where galleries and studios line the streets. A world-famous landmark, you'll explore Britain's most southwestern point. From its wild cliffs you can see the Isles of Scilly. Beyond that is the Atlantic Ocean and North America. (Breakfast)
DAY 9: RELAXED START | COUNTRY HOUSES IN DORCHESTER
Visit Sand House in Sidbury. A historic stately home, it has been in the family of Ladies of the Manor, Caroline and Diana Huyshe, for over 500 years. Join Caroline for a quintessential Devonshire high tea, with freshly baked scones garnished with seasonal fruits from the kitchen garden, and a tour of the property. Spend the next two nights at the beautiful five-star Summer Lodge Country House Hotel and Spa, nestled in the picturesque Wessex countryside. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 10: RELAXED START | GALLERIES AND GARDENS OF DORCHESTER
Meet with a professional instructor to learn the quintessential English sport of croquet and try out your new skills in a game with your fellow travellers. The afternoon is at your leisure, perhaps visit nearby stately homes Montacute House or Mapperton House. In the evening, join your fellow travellers for a Celebration Dinner. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 11: DEPART DORCHESTER
Make your way to Stonehenge, a prehistoric monument found in Wiltshire, dating back to around 3000 BC. Visit Selborne Pottery, a local studio and meet Robert Goldsmith the owner, for a demonstration. End your day back in London, where you'll be transferred to the trip hotel. (Breakfast)
- Brecon Beacons: Explore the beautiful flora and fauna of the Brecon Beacons on a leisurely hike with a ranger, or during a lecture with a naturalist.
- Dorchester: Experience Devonshire tea with Lady of the Manor, Caroline Huyshe, at her stately home, Sand House. You'll enjoy a morning of tea, scones and sandwiches.
- Visit Selborne Pottery, play croquet with a professional instructor in Dorchester.
- Welcome Dinner in Bath
- Hearty Farm-to-Table Lunch in Brecon Beacons
- Celebration Dinner in Dorchester
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.