Insight Vacations 15D Spectacular Scandinavia & Its Fjords
- Travel on the Flåm Railway, Cruise through Geirangerfjord.
- Visit Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, Roskilde cathedral, Stockholm’s City Hall, Lom Stave Church, Norwegian Glacier Museum in Fjærland, the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo.
- City tours of Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bergen and Oslo, all with Local Experts.
- See Christiansborg Palace, Rosenborg Castle, Amalienborg Palace, Renaissance Stock Exchange and Round Tower in Copenhagen, Øresund Bridge, Gamla Stan in Stockholm, Sigtuna’s City Hall, Lillehammer, Geiranger, Bøya Glacier in Fjærland, Leikanger, Haakon’s Hall and the market stalls of Bergen, Akershus Castle, Oslo Harbour, Frogner Park and the Royal Palace in Oslo.
DAY 1: WELCOME TO COPENHAGEN
On arrival at Copenhagen airport, your transfer will leave for your hotel at 09:00, 12:00 or 15:00. At 17:30, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for your Welcome Dinner. (Dinner)
DAY 2: WONDERFUL COPENHAGEN
A Local Expert will reveal the charm of Denmark's capital. Meet Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid and see Christiansborg Palace, Rosenborg Castle, Amalienborg Palace, the Renaissance Stock Exchange and Copenhagen Cathedral. View the unusual Round Tower. The afternoon is at your leisure to relax or continue exploring as you wish. In the evening, visit the world-famous Tivoli Gardens. (Breakfast)
DAY 3: RELAXED START | VIKING ROSKILDE
Travel to the ancient city of Roskilde. Visit Roskilde Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Back in Copenhagen, you are at leisure. (Breakfast)
DAY 4: SCENIC FARMLANDS OF SWEDEN
Travel from Denmark to Sweden by crossing Oresund Bridge. Journey along Vattern to Stockholm. (Breakfast)
DAY 5: STOCKHOLM, CITY OF ISLANDS
With your Local Expert see the charms of this fabulous city. On Gamla Stan, start with the cathedral and wander the Old Town. Stroll through the courtyard of the Royal Palace and visit the imposing City Hall to see its gilded Golden Hall and the Blue Hall where the annual Nobel Prize banquet is held. There's free time in the afternoon for you to explore at your own pace. (Breakfast)
DAY 6: SIGTUNA, UPPSALA AND FALUN
Travel to Sigtuna on Lake Malaren, to see Sweden's smallest City Hall. Continue to the historic city of Uppsala and visit the lofty cathedral. Travel through rural Dalecarlia to Falun. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 7: LILLEHAMMER
View the Great Pit, a vast crater caused by the enormous mine collapse that occurred in 1687. Travel along Lake Siljan to Nusnas, home of the Dala horse. Meet the entertaining Olssonfamily and visit their workshop to witness a colourful wooden horse being made. Continue to Salen, the starting point for Vasaloppet, a 90-kilometre cross-country ski race. Cross into Norway, passing Hamar with its Olympic ice skating rink. Journey along Mjosa, Norway's largest lake, to arrive at Lillehammer. (Breakfast)
DAY 8: RELAXED START | GEIRANGER, JEWEL OF THE FJORDS
Travel through the countryside of 'Peer Gynt', to reach Lom where you visit the Norwegian stave church dating back to 1158. For the next two nights you will stay in the scenic village of Geiranger. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 9: RELAXED START | GEIRANGER AT LEISURE
Enjoy a relaxed start and a day reserved for your leisure amongst breathtaking scenery. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 10: RELAXED START | FJÆRLAND AND FJORDLAND
Take a scenic cruise in the morning through the Geirangerfjord. Travel to the Boya Glacier and visit the nearby Fjarland Glacier Museum. Your journey continues with a scenic drive onto your hotel in Leikanger. Delight in a dinner of fresh and locally sourced produce. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 11: THE FLÅM RAILWAY TO BERGEN
Cross the magnificent Sognefjord and embark on a spectacular scenic journey on the Flam Railway. Visit a family-run farm on the Hardangerfjord to hear how eight generations have farmed the land. Sample their fresh apple juice and homemade cider and enjoy a walk through the orchard. Travel on to your hotel in the historic port of Bergen. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 12: RELAXED START | THE HANSEATIC PORT OF BERGEN
A Local Expert introduces you to Bergen. See the lively Fish Market with its many stalls that also include fruits, vegetables, flowers, handicrafts and souvenirs, before continuing on to see the 13th-century Haakon's Hall. With the afternoon free to explore on your own, perhaps visit the home of composer Edvard Grieg and ascend Mount Floyen by the only funicular in Scandinavia?
DAY 13: MOUNTAINS AND FJORDS TO OSLO
Pass scenic mountains and travel through some of Norway's ski-resorts as you cross the Hardanger Plateau, Europe's greatest mountain plateau and the largest national park in the Nordic countries, to reach Oslo. (Breakfast)
DAY 14: RELAXED START | COSMOPOLITAN OSLO
With your Local Expert, see the Royal Palace and the Akershus Castle guarding the harbour. At Frogner Park, view the intriguing Vigeland sculptures. Continue on to visit the Viking Ship Museum to see 9th-century ships that carried Viking nobles to the afterlife. Round off your Scandinavian adventure with a Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant. Over a glass of wine, toast to your travels with your newfound friends. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 15: OUT OF OSLO
Departure transfers arrive at Oslo airport at 07:15 and 10:15. (Breakfast)
- Hardangerfjord: Hear all about the production processes and sample authentic apple cider at a traditional family-run fruit farm.
- Visit Nusnäs wooden horse workshop with the Olsson family.
- Welcome Dinner in Copenhagen
- Farm-to-table Dinner in Bergen
- Celebration Dinner in Oslo
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.