Insight Vacations 15D Russia, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Travel by hydrofoil to Petrodvorets, Travel by Sapsan Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow.
- Visit Church of St. Peter and St. Paul in Vilnius, Votive Hill Crosses in Siauliai, formal gardens of Petrodvorets and Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, Metro stations and a cathedral inside the Kremlin in Moscow, Trakai Castle.
- City tours of Warsaw, Riga, Tallinn, St. Petersburg and Moscow, all with Local Experts.
- See Palace of Culture, Chopin Memorial and Ghetto Heroes Monument in Warsaw, Old Town and House of the Three Brothers in Riga, Old Town and market square Tallinn, St. Isaacs Cathedral, the fortress of St Peter and Paul and Decembrist's Square in St. Petersburg, Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral, the Kremlin and Lenin's Mausoleum in Moscow.
DAY 1: ARRIVE WARSAW
On arrival at Warsaw airport, your transfers depart for your hotel at 10:30, 12:30 and 15:30. Relax and settle in before joining your Travel Director at 18:00. Your Welcome Dinner is at Restaurant Zapiecek, an authentic local restaurant full of Polish charm, serving delicious traditional meals accompanied with wine. (Dinner)
DAY 2: EXPLORING THE PROUD POLISH CAPITAL OF WARSAW
A Local Expert will show you how well the Polish capital was restored after almost complete obliteration during World War II. Pass the tiered Palace of Culture and stroll through Łazienki Park to the Chopin Memorial. Take a moment to reflect at the Monument to Ghetto Heroes. Then walk to the Market Square in the Old Town. (Breakfast)
DAY 3: VILNIUS, VENERABLE CAPITAL OF LITHUANIA
Pass Augustow and Suwalki during your scenic journey through Masuria, a region rich in lakes and vast forests. Cross into Lithuania and continue to the capital city of Vilnius. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 4: VILNIUS AND TRAKAI
Visit the Baroque Church of St. Peter and St. Paul and the neoclassical cathedral. Join your Local Expert for a leisurely walk through the Old Town to see the Jesuit University and the Gates of Dawn. Visit the fortified island castle of Trakai, originally built in the 13th century. (Breakfast)
DAY 5: SIAULIAI AND THE ART NOUVEAU NIRVANA OF RIGA
Head north to visit the unusual Votive Hill of Crosses near Siauliai, the symbol of resistance against the Soviet occupation. Continue your escorted journey to the Latvian capital of Riga, a melange of Teutonic inspired spires, stylish cocktail lounges and some of the world’s most remarkable art nouveau architecture. (Breakfast)
DAY 6: RIGA SIGHTSEEING AND ON TO TALLINN
Explore Riga’s Old Town with your Local Expert, including a visit to the old aircraft hangers that now house the Riga Central Market. Enjoy the vibrant colours and flavours when sampling some of the local delicacies. Your travels continue along the shores of the Gulf of Riga and across the Estonian border to reach Tallinn, hailed by travel aficionados as the New Prague. (Breakfast)
DAY 7: RELAXED START | THE MAGIC OF TALLINN
Led by a Local Expert, drift back through800 years of history as you stroll through the cobbled streets of the Old Town. Visit the market square with its old German weighing house, pharmacy and Town Hall. The energetic may choose to walk up Toompea Hill to see the castle and Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Join your travelling companions at a local restaurant for a freshly prepared meal, rich with traditional flavours and accompanied with wine. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 8: ST. PETERSBURG: TO RUSSIA WITH LOVE
Head east to the town of Narva, dominated by the mighty Hermannsburg Fortress. Cross the River Narva, which forms the Russian border, and continue to St. Petersburg, founded by Peter the Great in 1703. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 9: ST. PETERSBURG SIGHTSEEING
Morning sightseeing with your Local Expert includes views of St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the fortress of St. Peter and Paul and Decembrists’ Square. Travel along Nevsky Prospekt for views of the great Cathedral of Kazan and the iconic, onion-domed Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood. (Breakfast)
DAY 10: RELAXED START | PETRODVORETS BY HYDROFOIL
Cruise by hydrofoil along the Baltic shore to Peter the Great’s summer residence of Petrodvorets. For over 200 years it was used for official ceremonies, lavish feasts and formal receptions. Explore the perfectly manicured gardens and see the cascading fountains. (Breakfast)
DAY 11: RELAXED START | THE HERMITAGE MUSEUM
Located in the Winter Palace, the Hermitage is one of the world’s greatest museums. Marvel at this fabulous collection of paintings and ornaments, ranging from Egyptian carvings to Impressionist masterpieces. (Breakfast)
DAY 12: RELAXED START | HIGH SPEED TRAIN TO MOSCOW
Enjoy a relaxed start in the morning, or perhaps visit the former residence of the Yusupov family and the scene of Rasputin’s murder? Later, board your high speed Sapsan train and relax in comfort as you swoop to Moscow in just a few hours. (Breakfast)
DAY 13: RELAXED START | MOSCOW, A RUSSIAN REVELATION
=Begin your exploration of the Russian capital with a Local Expert. Start in Red Square, lined by Moscow’s landmark buildings. See the onion-shaped domes of St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Kremlin and Lenin’s Mausoleum. Visit one of the Metro stations which Stalin called ‘Palaces for the People.’ Gain a local insight into the themes depicted among the marble, mosaics and sculptures. (Breakfast)
DAY 14: RELAXED START | MOSCOW AND THE KREMLIN
Walk within the walls of the Kremlin Fortress to visit one of the cathedrals. Enjoy delicious food, great wine and wonderful company as you toast to your travels during your Celebration Dinner. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 15: FAREWELL MOSCOW
Departure transfers will arrive at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport at 05:00, 08:00 and 11:00 and at Moscow’s Domodedovo Airport at 05:00, 10:00 and 13:00. (Breakfast)
- Riga: Enjoy the vibrant colours and flavours when sampling some of the local delicacies as you wander through the maze of stalls in Riga Central Market.
- Welcome Dinner in Warsaw
- Estonian Highlight Dinner in Tallinn
- Celebration Dinner in Moscow
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.