Uniworld 12D Splendors of Egypt & The Nile
Onboard S.S. Sphinx from Cairo (round-trip)
1 country: Egypt
- 7-night cruise and 4 nights hotel stay in Cairo
- 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- Complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, tea, and coffee will be served during lunch and dinner onboard
- 8 days of excursions
- 12 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- ~Transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities, both onboard and onshore
Sailing: January- December
Cruise the Nile in a manner once reserved for queens and pharaohs.
For 12 adventure-filled days, experience Egypt and the Nile’s most wondrous sites in style and luxury.* Wander amongst the towering ruins of the Temple of Karnak, the world’s largest ancient religious complex, and the entrancing Temple of Luxor. Visit temples dedicated to Hathor, Horus, and other mythological figures, and pay homage to the country’s first female ruler at the Temple of Hatshepsut. Follow in the footsteps of renowned scholars and explorers as you venture forth into the Valley of the Kings, the ancient burial grounds of Egyptian royalty. You will enjoy an exhilarating ride in a felucca, a traditional Nile River sailboat.
This captivating itinerary begins and ends in Cairo, where you’ll visit the famous Egyptian Museum and its stupendous and unrivaled collection of pharaonic artifacts, including treasures recovered from the tomb of King Tutankhamun. Journey to Giza to gaze upon the mighty ancient Pyramids and the timeworn, enigmatic Sphinx—iconic images that continue to amaze.
An enchanting land of marvels, myths, and wonders old and new, Egypt is an extraordinary destination no culturally curious traveler will want to miss.
Note: This program includes some early morning activities. Flights between Cairo and Luxor may require wake-up calls at 5:00am or earlier. Guided tours typically begin in the morning and may include a motor coach drive. Please contact your travel advisor or Uniworld Reservations for additional details.
ABOUT THE SHIPS
Launching on the Nile in 2020
The S.S. Sphinx will make her debut on the Nile river in 2020 and will offer two gourmet dining venues, a swimming pool, massage room and 42 gorgeously appointed suites. Egyptian artwork, fabrics and hand-carved furnishings will bring the beauty of the region to life onboard.
Total 64 staterooms; 26 suites include 4 Royal Suites and 20 Grand Suites plus 16 French Balcony include 2 Deluxe French Balcony staterooms with its measurement of 236ft in length and 48.5ft in width.
NOTE: All staterooms and suites onboard have French balconies. While the S.S. Sphinx is a beautiful and luxurious ship, its amenities may differ from those of a Uniworld-company-owned ship.
The River Tosca perfectly captures the warmth and style of Egypt, taking guests on a culturally enriching adventure down the Nile in absolute luxury. This all-suite ship is elegantly designed with wood finishes and cosy public spaces. From the sprawling Sun Deck with shaded cabanas and a swimming pool, to the stylish lounge decorated with local wares, every space is inspired by the region in which it sails. Comfortable suites are fitted with the finest locally made products—like Egyptian cotton linens, for example. With a maximum capacity of 82 guests and a staff to guest ratio of almost 1:1, a cruise on the River Tosca is about as intimate and indulgent as it gets.
Total 41 staterooms; 2 Royal Suites and 39 Grand Suites with its measurement of 236ft in length and 46ft in width. Carrying up to 82 guests and 60 staff.
Terms and Conditions:
- All fares are discounted, per guest in US dollars based on lowest available category in double occupancy exclude additional port charges.
- Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Availability of all stateroom categories cannot be guaranteed.
- Single Supplement applies for single accommodation.
- Itineraries, hotels, and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- ~Arrival and departure transfer arrangements must comply with Uniworld Transfer Guidelines. Do check with travel consultant on the terms and conditions.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
- Sailing dates and itineraries are subjected to change.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing.
- Other terms and conditions apply.