Luxury Gold 10D French Vogue
CHÂTEAU LA COSTE:
- Experience Château La Coste Your Way. Join a guided walk to discover the many works of contemporary art. Alternatively, visit the cellars, designed by the great contemporary architect Jean Nouvel, for a tasting of award-winning wines.
- Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild along the French Riviera and marvel at its extensive art collection, wonderful gardens and panoramic vistas.
DAY 1: WELCOME TO PARIS
On arrival at Charles de Gaulle Airport, your complimentary transfer will take you to your five-star hotel in the heart of Paris. At 17:30, meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner with spectacular views over the river Seine and the Eiffel Tower. (Dinner)
DAY 2: RELAXED START | GOURMET FOODIE WALK AND THE EIFFEL TOWER
Enjoy a relaxed start to the day before embarking on the most quintessential of French experiences— a small-group gourmet food walk through the streets of Paris. Join a local food connoisseur to visit a variety of boutique shops, including tiny pâtisseries, boulangeries, chocolatiers, and fromageries. In the afternoon, visit the iconic Eiffel Tower with your Local Expert. Your special VIP entry allows you to skip the line. From the 115-metre-high second story, marvel at Paris in all its glory. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Why not ask your Travelling Concierge to arrange a visit to the Louvre Museum? (Breakfast)
DAY 3: RELAXED START | CHÂTEAU DE VAUX-LE-VICOMTE
Step into the 17th century during an exclusive VIP visit to the largest privately-owned château in France, Vaux-Le-Vicomte, with its magnificent formal gardens. At the château you're invited to join the estate's head gardener for a guided walk through the grounds. Return to Paris and enjoy a privately hosted dinner of authentic French fare in a beautiful home. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Note: If you are travelling on a Chairman's Collection departure, on Day 3, Count Richard de Warren invites you to the luxurious Hotel Alfred Sommier for a traditional Parisian meal and to learn about the history of his aristocratic family. This experience will replace the included dinner on day 3.
DAY 4: AVIGNON AND ON TO ARLES
Travel first-class onboard the TGV train to Avignon, once home to the Papacy. On arrival, join your Travelling Concierge for an orientation of the city. Finish the day with your final journey to Arles where you will check in to your hotel. In the evening, gather for dinner served in your hotel's acclaimed Lou Marqués gourmet restaurant for a feast of seasonal dishes and fine wines. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 5: RELAXED START | PONT DU GARD AND VAN GOGH
Join your Local Expert as you follow in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh on a guided walk through Arles. Van Gogh painted over 200 masterpieces in and around town. Stroll along the Rhône River and visit the famous Arles Amphitheatre, dating back to A.D. 90. Travel on to the Pont du Gard, one of the world's best-preserved ancient Roman aqueducts and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to Arles where you are at leisure. Perhaps admire artworks inspired by Van Gogh's legacy or dine at one of its many lovely restaurants. Your Travelling Concierge is there to assist you with restaurant reservations. (Breakfast)
DAY 6: RELAXED START | OLIVE GROVES AND MICHELIN-STARRED LUNCH
This morning, make your way into the heart of Provence to Moulin de Calanquet, an olive oil mill active since the 19th century, and listen to the history of the family as you walk through the olive trees. Discover a variety of aromas and flavours as you treat your taste buds to a diverse tasting of oils, jams and spreads. Continue the day with an exploration of Les Baux-de-Provence's winding streets and take in the panoramic views. Set atop a rocky outcrop in the Alpilles Mountains and crowned with castle ruins, this village has a reputation as one of the most picturesque in France. Embrace contemporary, gourmet cuisine that follows the rhythms of the seasons for lunch at the Michelin-starred, Maison Prévôt. On the way back to Arles, stop in charming Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, birthplace of the prophet, Nostradamus. (Breakfast, Lunch)
DAY 7: PROVENCE AND MONACO
Journey to Château La Coste – a wine estate and art installation in harmony with nature, set amid rolling organic vineyards.
Experience Provence Your Way. Choose either to join a guided walk through wooded hilltops and valleys, alongside olive groves and vineyards to discover the many works of contemporary art along your way. Alternatively visit the cellars designed by the great contemporary architect, Jean Nouvel, learn how organic and biodynamic principles are implemented at each stage of the winemaking process before a tasting of the award-winning wines.
Explore Aix-en-Provence before your journey for today ends in the Principality of Monaco, ruled by the Grimaldi family since the 13th-century and famous for being the seaside playground of the rich and famous. (Breakfast)
DAY 8: RELAXED START | THE GLITZ AND GLAMOUR OF MONACO
Join your Travelling Concierge for sightseeing of glamorous Monaco. See the Grand Prix circuit – famous for hosting the annual Formula One Monaco Grand Prix – explore the old town, and admire the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family lives. Wander the old town of Monaco and visit the cathedral, which houses the tombs of the late Prince Rainer and Princess Grace. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, exploring this fashionable resort town or perhaps venturing to seaside. (Breakfast)
DAY 9: RELAXED START | CORNICHE ROADS AND VILLA EPHRUSSI DE ROTHSCHILD
Embark on a dazzling drive along the Corniche roads of the Riviera with breathtaking views of Europe's most beautiful coast. Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, one of the finest historic buildings on the French Riviera. The Baroness Ephrussi de Rothschild collected art works from all over the world, transforming the Villa at Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat into an art lover's paradise. Explore its nine wonderful gardens and enjoy stunning views over the Riviera. In the evening, raise a glass to new adventures and friendships at your Celebration Dinner with champagne, hosted at a local restaurant. (Breakfast, Dinner)
DAY 10: FAREWELL MONACO
After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and enjoy a private transfer to Nice airport for your onward journey. (Breakfast)
- CHÂTEAU DE VAUX-LE-VICOMTE: Experience Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte on a walk through the gardens with the estate's lead gardener and see the theatrical majesty and artistic design of the grounds.
- PROVENCE: Indulge at the Michelin-starred Maison Prévôt, nestled in the heart of Provence. Savour a lunch that embraces contemporary, gourmet cuisine and follows the rhythms of the seasons from locally-sourced ingredients.
- ARLES: The five-star Jules César Hotel has beautifully blended 18th-century character with contemporary art. This hotel was decorated by the grand master of fashion Christian Lacroix.
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are per person, land tour only, based on double occupancy and excludes gratuities, applicable taxes and optional tours.
- Fares displayed are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Itineraries presented are subject to modification due to uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary.
- For most updated information, please check with our travel consultants.
- While all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy of the above content, UOB Travel will not be held responsible for any changes after publishing
- Other terms and conditions apply.