Terms and Conditions Governing UOB Airlines Accelerate Miles Promotion with UOB Travel Planners (“Promotion”)(“Terms and Conditions”)
1. This Promotion is applicable to holders of UOB Reserve Cards (the “Cardmember”) issued in Singapore by UOB Limited (“UOB”).
2. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, Cardmembers who use their UOB Reserve Card to purchase from UOB Travel Planners Pte Ltd (“UOB Travel”), air tickets that meet the conditions set out in the table below (“Qualified Transactions”), will earn UNI$12.5 for every S$5 spent (equivalent to 5 miles for every S$1 spent) on the air tickets (excluding taxes and surcharges):
British Airways (“BA”)
Thai Airways (“TG”)n
American Airlines (“AA”) / Japan Airlines ( “JL”)
All Nippon Airways(“NH”) / United Airlines (“UA”)
|Ticket Type||Applicable to Business Class (R, D, C, J) booking class) out from Singapore on BA destinations network||Applicable to Business Class (J) booking class and fare basis ending SG4 for tickets out from Singapore on TG destinations network.||Applicable to Business Class (I, D, R) on AA or (I, D, C, J) on JL booking class out from Singapore to USA destinations network operated by AA & JL||Applicable to Business Class (P , Z, D,C) on booking class out from Singapore to USA destinations network operated by NH & UA.|
|Purchase Period||Purchase must be made between 1 January 2019 and 30 June 2019 (both dates inclusive).||Purchase must be made between 1 January 2019 and 30 June 2019 (both dates inclusive).||Purchase must be made between 1 January 2019 and 30 June 2019 (both dates inclusive).||Purchase must be made between 1 January 2019 and 30 June 2019 (both dates inclusive).|
|Travel Period||Travel must be done between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2019 (both dates inclusive).||Travel must be done between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2019 (both dates inclusive).||Travel must be done between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2019 (both dates inclusive).||Travel must be done between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2019 (both dates inclusive).|
|Period of Stay||NA||NA||NA||NA|
All flights must be on the respective airlines. This Promotion is not applicable to co-share flights unless stated above.
It can’t be in conjunction with any airlines promotion.
|Ticket cannot be an open-dated ticket. Wait listing is not allowed.|
3. Cardmember(s) need not be the traveler(s).
4. Any changes in the details of the air tickets must satisfy the conditions set out in paragraph  above.
5. Air ticket prices will be quoted based on market price and are on a per person basis, unless otherwise stated. Taxes and fuel surcharges start from S$177 (subject to change at point of ticket issuance). Peak period surcharge and blackout periods apply, if any.
6. The issuance of the tickets must be made at least seven (7) working days before departure. Air tickets are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and subject to availability.
7. No refund for partially used tickets. Fully unused tickets are subject to a refund of up to US$300.
8. All penalty fees, arising from situations such as change of travelers’ names, travel date and time, are subject to UOB Travel Planners’ additional administration fee of S$50 per ticket per change and refund fee of S$75 per ticket.
9. The award of the abovementioned UNI$12.5 is calculated as follows:
i. the existing earn rate of UNI$4 for every S$5 spent on Qualified Transactions, and
ii. an additional UNI$8.5 for every S$5 spent on Qualified Transaction.
10. The UNI$4 for every S$5 spent on Qualified Transactions will be credited in upon the posting of the Qualified Transaction on your Card Statement in accordance with the terms and conditions governing the Rewards Programme (available at https://uniservices.uobgroup.com/NASApp/RUS/jsp/login.jsp ). The additional UNI$8.5 for every S$5 spent on Qualified Transactions will be credited into the Cardmember’s UOB Reserve Card account within 90 days from posting date (i.e. the date the Qualified Transaction was successfully posted to Cardmember’s UOB Reserve account, as reflected on the Cardmember’s statement).
11. Cardmembers can choose to convert their UNI$ into air miles at the conversion rate of UNI$1 = 2 miles.
12. UOB reserves the right to substitute the bonus UNI$ with another gift of similar value at its sole discretion. In the event the UNI$ awarded is in decimal points, the final UNI$ awarded for each transaction will be rounded down to the nearest whole figure.
13. UNI$ will not be awarded on transactions at SMART$ merchants where SMART$ are issued.
14. Adjustments will be made to the UNI$ if there is any unposted, voided, cancelled, disputed and/or reversed transactions including those arising from returned goods or services, billing disputes, or any other reason at the sole and absolute discretion of UOB.
15. UOB reserves the right to cancel and void any UNI$ awarded in a Cardmember’s statement of account at any time if it deems that such UNI$ was not earned from qualifying spend of a Cardmember and the Cardmember shall not be entitled to any compensation or payment whatsoever.
16. UNI$ earned from eligible transactions made using the Supplementary Cardmember(s) shall accrue to the applicable Principal Cardmember(s).
17. To earn UNI$, the Cardmember’s Card Account must be in good standing and cannot be cancelled for any reason. In the event that the Cardmember’s Card Account is delinquent, voluntarily or involuntarily closed or terminated or suspended for any reasons whatsoever before the UNI$ is awarded into such Card Account, such UNI$ earned shall be forfeited and the Cardmember shall not be entitled to any compensation or payment whatsoever.
18. Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with existing promotions conducted by UOB, UOB Travel or any third parties or promotional airfares.
19. UOB shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any loss, expenses, delays, mistake, neglect or omission in the transfer or transmission or posting of card transactions or the UNI$.
20. UOB’s decision on all matters relating to the Cardmember’s Card Account shall be final, conclusive and binding on Cardmembers and no payment or compensation will be given or paid by the Bank to any person. The Bank shall not be obliged to give any reason or enter into any correspondence with any person on any matter relating to its decision
21. UOB and UOB Travel reserve the right to vary, amend and delete any of these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time, without giving any reason or prior notice or assuming any liability to any customers and all customers shall be bound by these amendments
22. These Terms and Conditions supplement, are to be read together with and form an integral part of the UOB Cardmembers Agreement (available at uob.com.sg) and the terms and conditions governing the Rewards Programme (available at https://uniservices.uobgroup.com/NASApp/RUS/jsp/login.jsp) (“Other Terms”). In the event of any inconsistency between these Term and Conditions and any the Other Terms, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail in relation to any matter concerning the Promotion. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any advertising, promotional, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with the Promotion.
23. Whilst all information is believed to be correct at the time of publishing, UOB makes no representation or warranty whether expressed or implied, and accepts no responsibility or liability for its completeness or accuracy.
24. A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by the Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any term of such agreement.
25. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Accountholder shall be deemed to have agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
UOB Travel Planners Pte Ltd Co. Reg. No. 197400040W TA185.
United Overseas Bank Limited Co. Reg. No. 193500026Z
Version Jan 2019